Scouters Religious Academy (SRA)
Date: May 16, 2020 (8:30 am – 1:30 pm)
Registration closed May 10th.
Location: Virtual Conference (via Zoom)
Registration link (closed)
Participants: Scout Leaders and Scout Coordinators (CORs).
The Scouters Religious Academy is an adult training conference for Boy Scout & Girl Scout leaders of all faiths interested in building Duty-to-God into their Scout program. Although there are a few courses specific to the Methodist and Catholic faiths, the majority of courses will be of interest to leaders in all faith groups. Pre-registration is required this year.
Hosted by the UMCOS and CCOS/ Open to Everyone: Although this Academy is conducted by the UMCOS (United Methodist Committee on Scouting) and CCOS (Atlanta Dioceses Catholic Committee on Scouting), it is open to Scout leaders of all faiths and Scout units interested in starting/ expanding Duty-to-God in their areas.
Program: Multiple courses will be offered over 5 periods, including:
- Building Duty-to-God into your Unit Scout Program
- Catholic Religious Emblem Counselors
- Catholic Religious Emblem Programs
- Chaplain Training
- Fireside Chat: Steven Scheid (National Director of the Center for Scouting Ministry of the UMC)
- Fireside Chat: Jim Weiskircher (Chair of the National Catholic Committee on Scouting)
- Girl Scouts: My Promise, My Faith
- P.R.A.Y. 1 – Organizing & Promoting a P.R.A.Y. Program
- P.R.A.Y. 2 – Leading a P.R.A.Y. Course
- Pack/ Troop Religious Emblem Coordinator
Cost: $0 (Free)
- Polo Shirts ($21, includes shipping)
Questions: Yolanda Wareham, Academy Director (SRAcademy20@yahoo.com)