Scout Leader Training
There are a number of courses available to help church and scout leaders understand how to start, build and grow their scout programs. There are also courses to help you understand how to include the Duty-to-God element of scouting in your program. The United Methodist Committee on Scouting (UMCOS) provides some of this training while some BSA (Boy Scouts of America) Councils in Georgia provide additional training as well. This page, and the calendar on this website, is provided to help you understand the training available, as well as when and where to find it.
- Building DTG (Duty-to-God) into your Scout Unit’s Program
- Chaplain & Chaplains Aide Training
- COR (Charter Organization Representative) Training
- Volunteer Recognition (in the Methodist Church)
- Organizing & Running a God & Country Program (Religious Emblem program)
- Scout Coordinator Roles (includes BSA, GSA, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Camp Fire)
- Scouts Own Services (outdoor church services on campouts)
- Scout Sunday
- Starting a new program (Cub Scout Pack, Boy Scout/ Girl Scout Troop, Venture Crew, Big Brother Big Sister program)
- YPT (Youth Protection Training)/ Safe Sanctuary Training
These courses may be offered at various times in different places throughout the year. Check the calendar and event list for specific dates, times and locations. If you do not see a specific course listed on the calendar, feel free to contact the UMCOS Scout Coordinator to find out when a course will be offered next or to request it be scheduled at some time in the future.